The Dental Preventive Clinic will be operating at Alberton Elementary starting the first week of June 2017.
Purpose of Dental Clinic: Screen children to assess the risk of oral disease; provide oral health education, topical fluoride, scaling/polishing, and sealants, according to your child’s individual needs.
Screening: All children will be seen for a two-minute screening to determine their risk of oral disease.
Consent: After the screening, all children whose parents have verbally consented, will be provided with the services as recently discussed via telephone.
Fees: There is no cost involved as the preventive services are covered by the Children’s Dental Care Program.
Contact: If you have any questions about the program, please contact the dental staff at the School or the Dental Public Health Clinic in Summerside at 888-8145.
Further Information: Please note that only preventive services will be provided and the screening is not a substitute for an annual dental examination. It is strongly recommended that parents take their children to a dentist for regular examinations and treatment. The Children’ s Dental Care Program assists with the cost of basic dental care delivered in private and public dental offices for children from ages 3 – 17. For more information, please visit http://www.healthpei.ca/dentalhealth
and click on the following link for the program brochure http://www.gov.pe.ca/photos/original/HPEI_dentalprg.pdf
Students, Teachers and Parents/Guardians across PEI are participating in the OurSCHOOL Survey. Information was sent home to you today about your participation in the OurSCHOOL Survey, please note that the Parent/Guardian Survey will be open May 3-18, 2017. All parents of children in Grades K-6 can complete the survey. Follow the link in the letter that was sent home.
The survey allows you to express your views about your child’s experiences at home and at school.
- The survey takes about 20 minutes to complete.
- Your responses should be based on this current 2016-2017 school year.
- Your responses are anonymous and confidential as they are recorded on a secure site without personal identifying information.
- You may skip any questions you do not wish to answer.
If you need another sheet with the link to the online survey please call the school. We will be happy to send you another one. We are only allowed to send it as a hard copy and cannot make it public.
Congratulations to Hailey Williams, Beccah Fraser, Patrick Shea and Colby Hudson on their excellent play at the Badminton Provincials last evening. They faced some tough competition! Hailey finished 3rd in her pool in singles and Hailey and Beccah finished 3rd in their pool in doubles. Patrick and Colby finished 2nd in their pool for doubles and will be moving on to the medal round on Wednesday @ Bluefield! Thank-you to all badminton players and their families for their hard work and dedication and this season, it sure paid off!
The following are fun activities we have planned for December:
December 1st: Elf Day/Green and Red Day
December 9th: Ugly Sweater Day
December 14th: PJ and Hot Chocolate Day
December 15th Christmas concert 1pm
December 16th Robin Hood Musical at Confed. Centre
December 20th Annual Winter Bazaar
December 21st: Jersey and Skating Day
*Special thank you to Home and School who are paying half of student ticket costs for Robin Hood as well as the chaperone’s tickets. Thank you as well for our upcoming hot chocolate day.
*The Home and School are also organizing the Annual Winter Bazaar. People can donate items (no clothing please) and drop them off at the school any time. Students will be shopping for items for 1 dollar a piece on December 20th.
*More details regarding Robin Hood will be sent home in the near future.
This is the week!! Please come in before Friday. Let everyone know!
Week of November 21 – 25, 2016
Parents are asked to register their children for Kindergarten prior to or during the week of November 21-25, 2016. Children must be 5 years old by December 31, 2017 in order to be eligible for Kindergarten.
Week of November 21 – 25, 2016
Parents are asked to register their children for Kindergarten prior to or during the week of November 21-25, 2016.
• Children must be 5 years old by December 31, 2017 in order to be eligible for Kindergarten.
• Parents are asked to register their child at his/her local elementary school during school hours. If you are unsure of your school zone, please call the Stratford Office (902-368-6990) or Summerside Office (902-888-8400). Toll Free 1-800-280-7965.
• A registration form will be completed at the time of registration.
• Parents are reminded to bring two pieces of information which verify proof of child’s age:
PEI health card
• Verification of home address must also be provided, such as current utility bill.
• Welcome to Kindergarten sessions for incoming students and their parents will be held at schools in the Spring of 2017.